INFORMATION ON PROXY/POWER OF ATTORNEY
Hanife Tuba SAĞCAN, Lawyer (Ankara Bar Association)
Address: Selanik cad. 7/9 Kızılay – ANKARA
Çankaya Tax Office – TR Identity No.: 55972177496
Inasmuch as the fact that pursuant to Article 163/3 of the Act of Attorneys, Attorney’s handling a lawsuit or providing consultancey service to a client either free of charge or below the minimum atterney’s fee is an offence requiring a disciplinary punishment, in case of oral/verbal counselling request from our Law Firm Attorney’s Fee will be charged in accordance with provisions of the Minimum Wage Tariff for Attorneys, for written consultation, for following up of enforcement and litigation proceedings please additionally apply to our Office and take appointments and information.
Information and Documents Required for Private Power of Attorneys
You can issue a Power of Attorney through any Notary Publics. When you ask a Notary Public to issue “ a General Power of Attorney” for you, Notary Public will issue a Power of Attorney in your name, which contains standard authorizations. You must request the Notary Public that such powers and authorizations as “ collection and receipt, request for criminal records and change, make declaration of property, accept the case and withdraw suits and waive right of appeal; to elect peaceful settlement, indemnification, to serve and receive notifications, to assign and delegate…” should also be included in the said Power of Attorney.
In addition to the foregoing powers, in some situations and actions Power of Attorney must have the following listed features:
- Those who are living abroad may have a power of attorney issued through Consulates located in their country. If somebody wants to issue and obtain a power of attorney from competent authority (notary public, employee, etc.) where he/she lives, it is a must that an Apostille is to be received and that both Apostille and Power of Attorney are to be translated into Turkish.
- For Power of Attorneys to be issued in relation with divorce cases, you must tell the Notary Public (if abroad, consulate or competent authority) that the Power of Attorney shall be issued for the divorce. Your 2 passport photographs and identity card must be available with you. Photograph must also be affixed on Power of Attorneys for Divorce to be sent from abroad.
- If a Power of Attorney is to be issued for recognition and enforcement cases, the notary public (if abroad, consulate or competent authority) must be absolutely informed that the Power of Attorney shall be for recognition and enforcement case.
- In case of issuing Power of Attorney in the name of Legal Entity Companies, representative of the Company, If the following phrases are added in the power of Attorney representative of the company acting for and on behalf of the Company the phrase “by proxy”, and acting on its behalf the phrase “in person”, it shall be unnecessary to issue two separate power of attorneys.
- If it is required that a power of attorney is to be issued in relation with any transaction pertaining to Immovable Properties, information on the immovable properties owned must also be included in the Power of Attorney.
- In case of drawing up a power of attorney in connection with inheritance operations, if you convey the situation to Notary Public (if abroad to consulate or competent authority) all necessary information shall be added into your Power of Attorney.